If you have an idea for how your video will look, we can take it from there.
Even if you only suspect a video would be useful, we can take it from there.
Either way, when having a script is valuable to the successful outcome of your video projects New Vista Video can help.
Do you even need a script?
“If you don’t know where you want to go, any road will get you there.” – Lewis Carroll
For many types of videos the road to where you want to go is evident. As an example, for event videos the event itself is the story. And video interviews often require only a list of questions. Those videos don’t need scripts. Our videographers will capture your story as it happens and our editors will convert it into great video!
As your video content gets more detailed and customized to your exact goals, preparing a script prior to shooting is critical to:
- Make sure your Internet audience gets the right message
- Set expectations (for everyone) of how your finished video will look and sound
- Enabling your review and adjustments before incurring shooting and editing expenses
- Controlling your project costs and total time
For purposes of simplicity, we are defining “script” at a high level. We are including all activities required to prepare a document that will set expectations for your finished video. These activities include:
- Analyzing your target audience to determine style, length, music and other characteristics
- The creative process to develop an idea for the video
- Defining what will be seen and heard when you press the play button – from start to end.
- Creating a storyboard to communicate your video content for production
Creating your script
Your video script may be partially developed or just beginning, so the effort required to produce the script will vary.
Regardless of how far you have gone with developing your vision for the video, everyone involved in your project (both your staff and ours) must have the same clear vision of the final product.
To properly set expectations we follow a process to collect and define all the details for successful completion of your project – including your budget!
- Planning meeting (complimentary) – Identifies your vision, the target audience, goals and strategies, video concept and length, distribution choices and the approval process.
- Proposal document – A summary of our findings, with a storyboard (visual script) describing what will be seen and heard and who will say it and do it.
- Production milestones – you will sign off on the key phases of the production process.
- Aligning your vision to fit your budget.
Let’s get started!
Contact us now for a free analysis to determine if and how a script will help guide your video project on the road to success.